Business License Application
* Required fields must be completed

General Business Information

If this application is due to a change in address or ownership, please check the appropriate box below:
Change of Address
Change of Owner

Mailing Address same as Business Address

Open the calendar popup.

Open the calendar popup.




Need help with NAICS? Visit


Need help with SIC? Visit


Names of Owners, Officers, Partners and Business License Renewal Contact

Owner 1


Owner 2

Emergency Contact

Supplemental Questions

1. Is facility SIC code regulated by the IGP: * Yes No

SIC Codes listed on the following website,, are regulated by the State’s Industrial General Permit. If you selected an SIC code that is regulated then one of the following numbers must be provided PRIOR to submitting your license application. For more information and assistance regarding IGP coverage please visit or email the State Water Resources Control Board at

2. Will this business involve any of the following activities in San Marcos (for any hazardous materials questions, please visit
Wood Working
Compressed Gases
Hazardous Processes
  3. Will there be hazardous materials used or stored on-site? * Yes No
4. Will there be bulk liquids (quantities above 10 gallons) used or stored on-site? * Yes No
5. Does your operation involve ANY unstable, toxic, explosive or flammable material, or poisonous gas?* Yes No
6. Will mixing materials in your operation create any condition described in #5?* Yes No
7. Will there be water used in a commercial, manufacturing or industrial process?* Yes No
8. Is there a planned or potential material discharge to the sewer or storm drain from the site? * Yes No
9. Do you repair, service, or wash vehicles, equipment or property on-site? * Yes No

10. Will your business involve cultivation, distribution, processing, possession, use, delivery and/or sale of medical or any other form of marijuana/cannabis (H&S Code 11018), cannabis products (H&S Code 11018.1) or cannabis accessories (H&S Code 11018.2)?* Yes No

11. Will your business distribute, manufacture, store, sell or use Cannabidiol (CBD) / Hemp products? * Yes No

12. Does the preparation or sale of food take place on or off site? * Yes No

13. Will there be any sales of alcoholic beverages on or off site? * Yes No

16. Will the business involve any outdoor storage or activities?* Yes No

17. Do you plan to sell tobacco products? * Yes No

Disability Access

On October 11, 2017 Governor Brown signed into law AB-1379 which adds a state fee of $4 on any applicant for a local business license or similar instrument or permit, or renewal thereof starting on January 1, 2018 (CASP State Fee). The purpose is to increase certified access specialist (CASP) training and certification within the local jurisdictions and to facilitate compliance with construction-related accessibility requirements.

Under federal and state law, compliance with disability access laws is a serious and significant responsibility that applies to all California building owners and tenants with buildings open to the public. You may obtain information about your legal obligations and how to comply with disability access laws at the following agencies:
The Division of the State Architect at
The Department of Rehabilitation at
The California Commission on Disability Access at

Disability Access Requirements and Resources as required by the State of California can be found at


By submitting this application, I , declare under penalty of perjury, under the laws of the State of California, that the above application is true and correct to the best of my knowledge. I certify that I will operate my business in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. I further understand that any false statements made above are grounds for denial or revocation of the business license.

Executed the .

Please sign your name below, using the mouse or your touch screen enabled device. To use mouse, left click and hold while dragging the mouse over the signature line.